Fast and Furious!
So you are coming in from out of town on a house hunting trip and you have limited time to buy. While the process can be stressful it is essential to keep a clear cool head and have some fun!
I recently spent a week with a savvy young out of town Buyer who had exactly the right mind set to ensure the process went smoothly. Yes there were some hiccups along the way but I found a great house that met the criteria that were given to me and we sailed through the conditions in 2 days!
Here are some things I did to ensure that success:
- Establish a clear idea of needs and wants ahead of time.
- Send possible listings via email and create a spreadsheet of possible houses to see based on feedback from the Buyer. This was a great way for the Buyer to see how much house they could expect to get for their money in Ottawa.
- Preapproval for mortgage and a mortgage specialist ready and waiting in the wings to begin final approvals as soon as we had a conditional agreement of purchase and sale.
- Book a building inspection ahead of time for Day #4-we didn’t want to have to find one in short notice.
- Day 1-Adhere to timelines for viewings and rank each property after viewing. We were ruthless-It was Yes or No based on the established criteria of #1 (we saw 21 properties)
- Day 2 was second viewings of the top 3 and then we created an in depth list based on pluses and minuses of features and location based again on established criteria of #1.
- I did comparative market analyses on the top 3 and provided all this information to the Buyer.
- Day 3 a choice was made and an offer was done.
- Day 4 inspection and fulfillment of all conditions.
What an intense 4 days!
Join The Discussion