Children Love Shopping For Houses
Seriously…most kids don’t. Many people feel that the children should be involved in the hunt for their new house. I tend to agree if their presence doesn’t take away from your ability to truly get a sense of the space you are viewing.
Here are a couple of options if you think your child will not be happy going from house to house:
- Hire a baby sitter and leave the children at home
- Hire a baby sitter to come with you so that the children can have a tour of the house then play outside with supervision allowing you to concentrate and really “see” the property.
If you would rather just use the house viewings as a teachable moment then there are a few rules for everyone to remember:
- Take your shoes off in the foyer
- Don’t touch the Sellers belongings (or jump on the beds, or play with the toys…)
- Everyone sees the house together as a group…no wandering off
Let the hunt begin!